There are thousands of eCommerce business sites offering a delightful shopping experience, quality products, and website performance. Furthermore, the customer experience is a paramount factor that lets you create a well-planned eCommerce online store.
To launch an eCommerce website, you have to undergo vigorous testing of each function and hundreds of details. As a result, you can ensure your customers a smooth shopping experience.
That’s when an eCommerce website checklist can help you. The checklist in this blog offers you valuable eCommerce website development tips that promise to eliminate for the online store development.
Think of it as a quality assurance checklist to develop an eCommerce online store. Once the site development is complete, you need to rank it and for that, you must contact a leading SEO services company near you!
Let Customers See the Best!
Visitors first visit your homepage. If the navigation isn’t appealing, the eCommerce shopper bounces off the site. Thus, you need to make the first page interface appealing and navigable. For this, follow the below tips and tweaks:
- Design a nice logo, graphics, and images.
- Your site must work on all browsers and devices.
- Link popular products to the first page.
- Include CTAs to push people for purchasing.
- Have a clear search field on the website top.
- Put categories section and filtering option.
- Give a dedicated news and blog area.
- Insert a store finder if necessary.
- Give a multi-language translation option on the site.
- Links of recent purchases.
Working on eCommerce Site Look & Management!
- Constant moderation, management, and testing of an eCommerce site are necessary. The purpose is quite clear, to check if the pages are looking nice and working properly! Below are the things to remember when managing the site:
- Include security certificates in the payment gateway system.
- Keep minimal design and easy navigation.
- Always keep a check on page loading speed.
- Remove broken links and fill empty product pages.
- eMail sign-up form at your every webpage.
- Include saving cart option box, login box.
- Show all the payment systems your website supports.
- Make a responsive website and test it everywhere.
- Show the checkout button on every page and apply breadcrumbs.
Make A Perfect eCommerce Product Page
There are chances that people directly land on your eCommerce website product page through search engines. That’s why you need to put clear information on each page just to push visitors to buy products from you. Do the following things:
- Include CTAs, customer review, ratings, upsell product links, discount option, clear product description & specs.
- Zoom-in functionality product images, multiple product images (360-degree views).
- Also, focus on making optimized SEO pages.
- An add-to-cart option for each product page is necessary.
- Show product in advance if available.
- A comment section is a good option allowing people to discuss the product.
- A sorting and filter option, add to the wishlist button and stats on each product.
- Social sharing buttons and a live chat bar add an intimidating look to your site.
- Include all the payment gateway options on the product pages.
- Minimize all the clutters to make the purchase process better.
Add More Value to Blogs and Media Pages
Additional quality content stands you better than the competitors. Blog & media pages help in the eCommerce site promotion and strengthen your brand. For this you can include the following things;
- Include educational pages, tutorials, blog news, events, product reviews, the state of the eCommerce industry, and the new things happening in it!
- A podcast, webcast, and radio page is also good option.
- Furthermore, you can include testimonials and case studies about your popular products.
Make A Smooth Customer Checkout, Wishlist, & Shopping Cart Page
These pages are the bread and butter of your eCommerce site. Because with the above eCommerce website building tips you have pushed the visitors to come on these. That’s why to provide a better customer experience do the following for these pages:
- Make a user account in advance; don’t tell them to create an account after they place an order.
- Offer less shipping costs.
- Add checkout buttons on each product page.
- Make checkout visuals with animations.
- Allow people to save products in the cart.
- Suggest a wishlist to them.
- Take a complete address and location via GPS.
- Test the checkout working process.
- Don’t ever make people hesitant about buying.
Take Follow-up With Customers
Once you successfully convert a visitor into a customer, offer proper support and additional deals after their purchase. This is what you must include in:
- Give a proper invoice, products images, and product packing.
- Take a follow-up after the delivery of the product.
- Ask for reviews and ratings.
- Track shipping.
- Make a dedicated customer support page that includes mail. chat, survey link, review system, ratings, etc.
Lastly, if you still feel that your eCommerce website is incomplete then you can make support pages such as social media pages, email & contact forms, Live chat areas, sharing buttons, FAQs, forums, and more!
This was all about the eCommerce website development checklist to remember. What are your views? Have trouble ranking your eCommerce website? Then contact the best SEO service provider company now!